As I have promised, today I am offering you the extended list of rules for problem solving. The first variant, at:
http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-rules-of-problem-solving.html could solve perfectly some 93-95% of all the problems. Today, with the following list of rules, this value raises to over 98%. Actually, I have already found the complete and universal Solution to real life problem solving but unfortunate circumstances are forcing me to keep secret the very last, decisive, rule till the other rules will be known by the majority of those interested. i.e. human beings or communities that have problems.
My aim is to make known and accepted and learned all these rules by practically everybody and therefore the lack of success and low impact of the first edition of the Rules was very disappointing for me. In this case, the Web, the entire blogosphere, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, other groups, my aggressive comments on many sites etc. have not contributed a bit to the dissemination of the Rules. A simple calculation shows that one human has `150 contacts in avearge, that means it’s a good result if 46,6 million people from the 7 billion- have accessed this page of my blog- then there are good chances that my teachings will be taken in consideration.. However the statistical data shows that Rules I had only 424 pageviews- more than 100,000 times less than absolutely necessary number. This has to be defined as a fiasco, failure and if I don’t make some good strategic decisions, multi-billion of problems will remain unsolved.
The first decision:
ONLY THOSE READERS WHO DEMONSTRATE THAT THEY HAVE PROMOTED THESE RULES WILL RECEIVE THE SECRET RULE, ESSENCE OF PROBLEM SOLVING! USE THE INTERNET BUT ALSO ALL FORMS OF MASS MEDIA, PLEASE.
Later when I start to feel that ALL my problems will be solved
forever by the most radical and usual method, I will make the last Rule public, according to the very principle of Ego-Out reduction.
The Rules are good, much better than anything offered by the competition during the last 2500 years, therefore this marketing disaster is my fault. I have written about two factors that could be used as excuses: see please: http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-rule-of-probletence.html and Rule no. 14 that says people like better if other people solve their problems. But, no excuses! I have my dignity of problem solver
It is against my personal mentality, nature and character to keep an important and beneficial information secret- if somebody guesses or deduces what it is about even approximately and sends a comment or a message to me, I will make the Rule public immediately. It is more general, a bit more paradox-like than other
Rules based on surprise ergo having a logical structure of “NOT the…but the…” Please try! Thank you!
ALL MY PROBLEM SOLVING RULES
1. There are NO isolated problems, they always come in dynamic bunches
2. There are NO final solutions for the really great problems, these have to be solved again and again.
3. NOT solving the problem, but defining it is the critical step .
4. NOT the unknown data, but those known and untrue are the greatest obstacle to ths solution.
5. .NOT what we know, but what we don’t know is more important for solving the problem.
6. NOT the main desired positive effect, but those secondary negative and/or undesired effects decide in most cases if a solution is implemented.
7. NOT all problems have a complete, genuine solution.
8 .NOT the solutions that seem perfect from the start, but those which are very perfectible are the best in many cases.
9. NOT the bright, shiny, spectacular solutions but those elaborated, worked out with difficulty and effort and patience are more valuable and have a larger area of applicability.
10.NOT the solutions that are logical and perfectly rational, but those that are adequate for the feelings of the potential users, even if they are ilogical, have the greatest chances of fast implementation.
11. NOT the quality of the solution but the speed of its implementaion is the decisive factor in many cases. It can be better to have a partial solution applied fast than a slower almost perfect solution.
12. NOT always long hours of hard work and great efforts, but (sometimes) relaxation and fun is the best way to obtain solutions for (awfully) difficult problems.
13. NOT our own problems, but the problems of other people are usually more boldly and creatively solved by us
14 NOT the solutions worked out by us, but those borrowed. Bought or stolen from others are more easily accepted and implemented.
15 NOT the enhancement of human strengths but the limitation
of human weaknesses is more useful for efficient problem solving
16- NOT the very careful perfect planning, but the smart assuming of risks and firm decision taking are the practical keys to successful problem solving.
17. Do NOT accept the premises of the problem, change them as necessary and possible.
18. Do NOT stop at the first solution, seek for alternatives.
THE LAST SECRET RULE, and the most important of all, only for the true promoters of my rules: (later!!!)
Don’t despair; you too will know it soon.
The Motto and remarks for the first edition of they remain valid.
Perhaps the following septoes are also relevant:
My favorite metasport is swimming counter-stream.
The problems are here to be solved
My aim: to solve humanity’s real problems.
Old researchers need infinite and impossible tasks
Please help me to fulfill my duty of problem solving researcher.
I think that I will speak about these rules of yours in the next month "Trasferimento Tecnologico" italian magazine!!
Thanks, dear Roberto! I will compose a specialReplyDelete
text for that fine magazine, ovviamente with your kind help and I will publish there the Secret Rule too -it isnot a mysterious catalyst just a more subtle "regola".
What a wonderful collection of thought provokers. I'll enjoy getting acquainted with these. Do you mind if I quote them on my blog (with attributions of course)?ReplyDelete
Dear Josef, I am honored- please quote the Rules as you wish. Perhaps my "77 Septoes" are even more quotable and my writings labelled 'Ego Out' and 'Bisinis' are really provocative - di gustibus...ReplyDelete
I will study and follow your Blog, we have ideas in common. I have inter alia, a HUGE collection of quotes I have used for the 437 weekly issues of my newsletter Info Kappa, on a very great diversity of subjects.Let's collaborate. (Peter)